Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chapter 32: Live With Confidence

“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

--Philippians 4: 13

“…let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.”

--Matthew 5: 16

Only two months after I quit working at Hastings College, I started attending a yoga class twice a week at my church. It was a new experience and one that I hoped would make me a better person, physically, as well as mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

I had known Betty through the years as an award-winning high school English and art teacher and admired her greatly; now she was my yoga instructor. Dianne, another lady from my church, opened and closed the church and sometimes substituted as leader. She also had my respect and admiration. Because of their expertise, I was surprised and honored when they later asked if I’d be interested in helping on occasions when one was gone...

To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!

* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

  1. Have your life experiences made you feel confident about yourself or are you anxious and unsure of your gifts and talents? What will you do to keep growing?
  1. Do you really, truly believe that the Triune God is with you in all circumstances? Do you act like you have that power?

No comments: