Friday, October 22, 2010

Chapter 29: Rejoice!

“This is the day that the Lord has made;

let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

--Psalm 118: 24

“Why do you look for the living among the dead?

(Jesus) is not here, but has risen.”

--Luke 24: 5b

When I was a teenager, my mother would sometimes wake me by reciting Verse 24 from Psalm 118. Later, when I had teenagers of my own, I would occasionally awaken them in the same manner. Early on those Saturday mornings when they would want to sleep until noon, I would appear at their bedroom doorways with a mental list of tasks they needed to do.

As they put their heads under their pillows, I would sit down on the edge of the bed to tickle their ribs and say with a smile, “This is the day the Lord has made…” They would groan and tell me to leave. They did not feel like rejoicing; they wanted to sleep!

Years have passed since those days, and I have found myself rejoicing over my everyday blessings...

To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!

* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

  1. What are some experiences that bring you joy? What part does the risen Christ play in these?
  1. What can you do to remember the suffering of Christ and grow your love for Him?

No comments: