Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chapter 28: Overwhelmed

“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with thanksgiving.”

--Colossians 4: 2

“May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us…”

--Psalm 67: 1

I woke up and looked at the time. It was 6:09. I didn’t know why I had awakened almost an hour before the clock radio was to come on. I couldn’t remember any dreams, but I was aware that my heart was beating too fast. I could feel it in my chest and behind my eyelids. I was lying on my stomach with my hands under my pillow. My fingers were tingly. I wondered momentarily if I was having a heart attack, but I felt no pain. I turned over on my back...

To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!

* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

  1. Sometimes it is the little every day distractions that seem to fly in our faces and overwhelm us. Have you felt you’ve taken on too much lately?
  1. If you are feeling overwhelmed, are there Bible verses or prayers that can help? What are some other things you can do to relieve your stress?

No comments: