Friday, April 30, 2010

Chapter 22: Small Miracles

“Then Jesus said…

‘Unless you see signs and wonders, you will not believe.’”

--John 4: 48

“…but those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength.”

--Isaiah 40: 31a

“Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for him;”

--Psalm 37: 7


Spring finally arrived. The lilacs bloomed along the edge of my front yard. Vinca vine and phlox spread on the terraces, and seeds for a butterfly garden germinated in the soft earth out my back door. I planted my pots and hanging baskets with tomatoes, geraniums, spikes, and asparagus ferns. Impatience hung on my front porch in a mat of moss; salvia and lobelia adorned the strip between my driveways. My new, blue sun globe was placed strategically in the rock near the front door; and peonies burst forth with pink blossoms.


At least six martins and several sparrows inhabited the martin house at the back of the yard. My bird feeders and birdbath were clean and attracting numerous blue jays, cardinals, goldfinches, two northern orioles, and a rose-breasted grosbeak. A couple of nuthatch remained from the previous winter; I spotted a red-headed woodpecker and a mockingbird. Robins and turtle doves were everywhere throughout the neighborhood; and a bluebird flitted about my patio, if only briefly. I hoped he would take up residence in my bluebird house, new to the neighborhood and vacant since the prior spring...


To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!



* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

  1. Have you had a good friendship go sour? How do you handle these kinds of major disappointments in life?

  1. Have you had to wait patiently for the Lord to answer prayers or provide other small miracles? Have you been surprised by His timing?

No comments: