Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Chapter 25: Ending Childish Ways

“When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child,

I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult,

I put an end to childish ways.”

--1 Corinthians 13: 11

“Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together

with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another,

as God in Christ has forgiven you.”

--Ephesians 4: 31

Every two or three months, I am privileged to travel to North Carolina to see my two granddaughters, Lia and Emme. My sister, Jodi, accompanied me on one particular trip and to say we had fun is an understatement. Lia was four and a half and Emme turned two the week after this particular visit, so they were the perfect age to play all those fun games from our own childhood, like hide-and-seek, tag, and dress-up...

To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!

* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

  1. Describe an incident where you acted inappropriately? What emotions did you have?
  2. Were you able to redeem yourself at the time of your behavior? What have you learned since?

No comments: