Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chapter 36: The Second Coming

“But about that day and hour no one knows, neither the angels of heaven,

nor the Son, but only the Father.”

--Matthew 24: 36

“Then they will see ‘the Son of Man coming in a cloud’

with power and great glory.”

--Luke 21: 27

Do you really believe that Jesus will come again in your lifetime? I mean, “really believe” that He will come again? During my sixty-plus years, I haven’t really spent much time thinking about whether Jesus will return; but when I have thought about it, the thought has been a little disconcerting, or maybe I should say, just plain scary. This is because I’ve been pretty happy, content really, with the status quo. My own circumstances have been very comfortable; and change and the unknown are frightening...

To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!

* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

1.11. What is your source of all hopefulness? If you are feeling hopeless, what can you do to be more hopeful?

2. Will you be ready if Jesus comes in your lifetime? If not, what do you need to do to get ready?

No comments: