Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chapter 16: Glorify God in Your Body

“…do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body.”

--1 Cor. 6: 19-20

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control...”

--Gal. 5:22-23

“I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God,

which is your spiritual worship.”

--Romans 12: 1

When I was in junior high, I was so skinny that someone tagged me with the very unappetizing and unflattering nickname, “String of Spit.” I struggled to gain weight throughout my teen years, even drinking malts at bedtime with a raw egg and a dietary supplement.


This was before the days of anorexia and bulimia and was a time when models were really pretty (and not too thin, as they are today) and Mother would tell me, “Stand up straight; be proud that you are tall and thin. That’s what it takes to be a model.” She would then put a book on my head and tell me to walk across the room with one foot in front of the other—and I would feel like a model-in-training, and a beautiful person...


To read the rest of this chapter, you will now need to buy my book, Simple Faith, Mighty Faith, published by Cornhusker Press and released 7-3-2011. Go to my website, http://www.JerriHaussler.com for ordering details. Thank you!


* * *

Thoughts to Ponder/Points for Discussion

  1. How do you feel about the size of your body? If you are carrying excessive weight, could you make a realistic plan to eat less and exercise more?

  1. How will the Holy Spirit help you to achieve your physical goals? Are there the Bible verses or prayers that can help?

No comments: